- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) by AVIXA
- President, InfoComm International 2009 (now AVIXA)
- Past chair, Council of Independent Consultants in Audiovisual Technologies 2006
- Faculty Member, Institute for Facilities Management of the Association for Higher Education Facilities Officers (APPA) since 1997
- Past member, Society for College and University Planning (SCUP), Past Board of Directors
- Audio Engineering Society (AES), member
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA), member
MARK S. VALENTI CTS
Founder, President Emeritus
Mark founded The Sextant Group in 1995 and built it to be among the largest and most respected audiovisual and technology consulting firms in North America. The firm was acquired by NV5 Global in 2019.
A former member of the Society for College and University Planning (SCUP) and Board of Directors, a faculty member for the Institute for Facilities Management of the Association for Higher Education Facilities Officers (APPA), Mark is Past President of InfoComm International (now AVIXA). He loves jazz, cooking, and wine — preferably all at the same time!