A long time New Mexico resident, David comes to The Sextant Group from Compass Audiovisual LLC, an Albuquerque, New Mexico-based audiovisual consulting firm that he owned from 2008-2015. Prior to Compass Audiovisual, David spent eleven years at Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque. During his first year at Sandia, he was a Systems Engineer in the Aircraft Compatibility department, where he worked on a team responsible for the ongoing operation of the B-2 Bomber Weapons Systems.
For the next decade (2000-2010), he held the role of Scientific Visualization Systems Engineer and Project Manager for Sandia’s scientific visualization facility projects. For at least half that time, he shouldered full responsibility for all advanced audiovisual and visualization projects at Sandia’s main campus in Albuquerque NM. Prior to joining The Sextant Group, David successfully completed numerous projects at Sandia National Laboratories, such as
- A cyber-warfare war-room (Cyber Intelligence Threat Analysis Center – CITAC)
- Military Liaison Weapons Vault & Museum
- Numerous visualization facilities, including
- Microsystems and Engineering Sciences Applications (MESA) stereo 4K Weapons Integration Facility
- MESA Microlab Design & Education Center
- Joint Computational Engineering Laboratory (JCEL) 31.5 mega-pixel Visualization Laboratory
- 62.9 mega-pixel 880 Visual Interactive Environment for Weapons Simulation (VIEWS) Corridor
He has also successfully completed projects for the State of NM, the University of Nevada Las Vegas, and even solely creative endeavors, such as for a digital artist repeat client (project for the International Symposium on Electronic Art – ISEA).
President and CEO Mark S. Valenti CTS says, “We are thrilled to have David on The Sextant Group team. His deep expertise in scientific visualization and the fact that he is a Project Management Institute certified Project Manager are unique differentiators that add significant value for our staff and clients.”
David holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from the University of New Mexico, with a systems engineering and audio technology focus. He is also a graduate of the Recording Workshop in Chillicothe OH. In addition to operating his own recording studio, he has been a live sound engineer for over 25 years. Also from a musical perspective, David was a trumpet player from third grade through a few years of his college studies, and now enjoys playing the banjo whenever he can.
Certified by the Project Management Institute as a Project Management Professional (PMP), David manages multiple projects effectively for The Sextant Group. In addition, he has been recognized by InfoComm International as a Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) for past 10 years. Both his PMP and CTS certifications are maintained through the accumulation of ongoing education credits.
David’s current projects include
- Scottsdale Community College Cloud Song
- Central Arizona College Science and Student Union Buildings
- Town of Queen Creek Municipal Center
- SAP Tempe offices, Aqua Fria High School
- Arizona State University Memorial Union
- San Mateo County [CA] Community College District, Cañada and Skyline colleges
- Utah State University Life Sciences Building
- Naval Air Station F-35 Training Alteration in Fallon NV
About The Sextant Group
Founded in 1995, The Sextant Group, Inc. is one of the largest independent technology consulting firm of its kind in North America. With over 1800 projects for more than 600 owners in 44 states and 11 countries, The Sextant Group serves global corporate, higher education and healthcare clients from offices across North America. The Sextant Group has corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, with offices that include Atlanta, Boston, Columbus, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, Omaha, Phoenix, Raleigh and Washington DC. For more information, visit www.TheSextantGroup.com.